Tuesday, June 30, 2015

DIY: Hello Kitty pin cushion♥

Hey friends, I wanna to share this new project I made last week.  I recently went back to one of the things I love doing: designing and making headbands.  I have my own headband line in my online boutique: Little Fab Closet by Fabulousity by Chiq♥.  Where I design and create headbands, they are all hand sewn (by moi).  (Unleashing the little Martha Stewart again in me... miss this!)


Well before I started making my new headband design, I saw this Hello Kitty candy container I bought months ago from Watsons.  And that gave me an idea to do something out of it, to make it useful after the candies are consumed.

Here are the materials you will need:
  • Hello Kitty candy container
  • Felt cloth
  • Fiber fill
  • Pencil
  • Pair of scissors
  • Needle and thread
 Procedure:
  • Trace the HelloKitty head on the felt cloth using the pencil.
  • Cut the traced Hello Kitty head.
  • Sew them together (using blanket stitch). If you are half way finish, put fiberfill inside the sewn Hello Kitty head, then continue stitching until you reach the end.  I used a red thread for stitching to match the red bow on the container and to make the stitch more visible.
     
  • Then put the Hello Kitty cushion inside the container. (Oh that's a purrfect fit! *wink)
     
  • Now place your pins, needles on your new Hello Kitty pin cushion. 
You can also make this as a small sewing kit, just look for flat thread bobbins, mini pair of scissors you can place them under the cushion.

I hope you like my new project! 

Happy Sewing!♥


xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...