Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Louis Vuitton Monty♥


I've been meaning to do a review of Louis Vuitton Montorgueil for quite sometime.  This bag was already discontinued, after a long search (Manila-US-SG-Italy) finally I got myself my very own Monty. (Monty short for Montorgueil: the nickname given to the bag) I was really aiming for the GM size but since this was the last piece available, that left me no choice but to get the PM.  I really like it's shape and of course unlike the Speedy you can wear it on your shoulders.  Monty is one of the beauties of classic monogram line as I have said there are 2 sizes available the GM (16.5″ x 9.4″ x 7.1″) and PM (14.1″ x 8.3″ x 6.3″). A little trivia on the bag: It's design was inspired by the chic atmosphere of Rue Montorgueil in Paris.

After using it for a month, I realized that the bag is too small for me.  Even though the Monty is very spacious inside to house all my "abubot" I am used in carrying large bags, maybe in time I'll get used to it.  The shoulder straps is kinda short so if you have large arms you will find it hard to carry them on your shoulders.  Good thing I have small arms: it fits just fine...  but I would really like it to be a little longer so I can reach in the bag easily.
  
Gold brass plate with Louis Vuitton signature on the front of the bag
Comes with padlock & keys
Side pleats on both sides of the bag to add more volume

Aesthetics : 5 stars

The shape is the WOW! factor for me.

Usability & Functionality : 4 stars

The interior is very roomy and with its wide zip: makes it easier to locate what you're looking for. No digging inside the bag just to get your phone or car keys.

One of the downsides of the usability are the straps.  You need to put your bag down to get what you wanted, you cannot easily reach down to get something in or out of the bag.

Quality & Construction:  4.5 stars

Of course it's Louis Vuitton so the quality is perfection!  The bag is made of the traditional monogram toile canvas with vanchetta leather straps and trims.  The straps and trims would change it's color in time, that's why the bag should be properly cared for.  Note: It also does not hold it's shape so better to put a small pillow inside when it's not in use.

Overall: 4.8 stars

This is one of my dream bags! Love the shape, it's roominess... except for the shoulder straps which is a little too short.  But honestly I really love the bag!♥

XO,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...