Nowadays lots of women spend more time at work than at home. Or may be if you have an home office space you spend a lot of time there. That's why it is considered an important space of us "women of the future". Me, I like sprucing up my work space every now and then, I am a little OC: I always want all things on it's proper place. And of course I love cute and unique things. Well this not about what's on our office desk, but what I have listed a couple of office desk emergency items. (Because we can never predict if something happens, right?!)
- Mobile phone charger : this is a MUST!!! I have 2 mobile chargers since I have 2 phones, an iPhone and my ever reliable Nokia QWERTY phone. I also carry a powerbank in my bag. So it's no low batt phone for me wherever I go.
- Feminine products : Always be prepared and ready for ... period! It's kinda embarrassing to ask for this from your office mates, it's a personal thing.
- Kikay kit : When we were in grade school, we were required to have a health kit in our bag or sometimes we leave them in our classrooms. What should be in our kikay kit? Toothbrush and toothpaste, wet tissue/tissue paper, alcohol or hand sanitizer, lip balm, cheek tint, mosquito repellant.
- Hair elastic / pins : There are times we need to put our hair up or sometimes when our side bangs keeps on falling on our face... I always keep these things handy.
- Flip flops / Ballerina flats : Believe me you should have a pair of these in case of emergency. (Sometimes after a long day of wearing our high heels... our feet just needs to be relaxed) Actually I also keep a pair of flip flops in my car.
- Sewing kit : What will you do if you found out that there was rip on your outfit or office uniform? Or when your buttons accidentally popped out? A needle and a thread is the answer. And you must also have safety pins in your mini sewing kit.
- First aid medicines and Band aid : I have a small pouch in my desk, with the following: pain reliever, antacid, loperamide, betahistine (Serc: i need this for my vertigo) and anti-histamine. Band aid, it's self explanatory.
- Reusable water bottle / Cup / Glass : We should always keep ourselves hydrated. Or we should have our own cup or glass. Actually I have my own cup, plate and cutlery here, so I don't use our office cutlery/utensils.
- Snacks : When cravings suddenly hit, keep some candies and crackers in your desk.
- Office drawer duplicate keys : In case you left your keys at home...No need to PANIC! Having a duplicate set of keys: is the answer to this emergency. (this usually happens to me whenever I change my bag).
What do you think? Any other things you think is a must have in every woman's desk? Tell me!