Monday, April 20, 2015

For my Face♥

I don't really do product reviews, but a lot have been asking me: What products do I use for my face.. or my face or skin regimen.  Honestly I am quite blessed to have a good skin, at 43 according to my friends, office mates and cousins I don't really look my age. Maybe it's on my genes: thanks to my grandparents and parents.  

I'm not a high maintenance person (when it comes to my face and skin).  Some people think that I go to aesthetic clinics, spas or do facials regularly... Well they are wrong.  I don't do facials... (promise! even if I have a dermatologist cousin), I remember I just went once lang in 2004 after my Boracay vacation when I had skin discoloration. Spa once pa lang, when my balikbayan cousin wanted to try Sonya's garden in Tagaytay.

In my younger days: I use Ivory soap for my face and body.  Before going to bed I just wash my face with soap and water.

I don't really wear make up.  But in one of my job interviews, the lady interviewer told me that I should wear a little make up especially when I am applying for a job.  (I just used Johnson's baby powder on my face and no lippy that time)  She said I looked pale.  Well, I don't know what to get: the first pressed powder I used gave me a couple of breakouts that's why I stopped using it.  Then my cousin introduced me to Clinique because it's hypoallergenic: So even if it is kinda expensive I bought Clinique's double face powder in Matte Honey. And it worked! No breakouts and it does not make my face oily.  As for the lippy: I tried a couple of brands: most of them made my lips chap.  So I'd rather use lip balm: before i used Chapstick, now i am using Nivea or EOS.  Lippies that worked for me are: Clinique, Lancome, L'oreal and Make up Forever.  But I only wear them when I need them: meet up with friends, corporate meetings, parties and events.

source: google.com

When I turned 30, I started using liquid tinted moisturizer.  I read somewhere that if you're in front of the computer for 8 hours or more: one should use or wear sunblock or anything with SPF.  Of course I did not try other brands for my face, it's just Clinique.  For removing my make up I use Johnson's baby oil after washing my face with Ponds age miracle facial foam wash.

source: google.com

At 35 started using Ponds age miracle day cream before applying my liquid Clinique makeup.  Then comes the BB creams... because of the Korean novela hype!  Well at first I was hesitant to try them, and of course I did not know what brand to get.  But in 2011 before my Sydney trip, since I'll be going in June which is winter season in Australia that gave me no choice but to get one that is appropriate to cold weather so it will not cake.   My friend told me to try Etude house BB cream. So I went to the shop, there a couple of BB's to choose from: I chose  the Precious Minerals BB cream.  Since 2011 I have been using the said BB cream.

The only thing about Etude House precious minerals BB cream, it is not that long lasting.  Within the day I dust my face with Clinique's superbalanced powder make up.


I also use Clinique's Even Better make up alternately with Etude House Precious minerals BB cream.  (It's long lasting than the BB cream -  no need to re-touch with powder make up)


As you can see I really go for brands that are "hiyang" (suited) for me.  I am not used on trying new products, I'm afraid of taking risks especially for my face.  I've had break outs before for using products that are not "hiyang" for me.  Always remember that there are products that will work for me but will not work for you... so it's "hiyangan" talaga.  I also go for darker shades... I want some bronzing effect like JLo! (don't want to be "too maputi" on photos) So I usually get 1 or 2 shade/s darker than my complexion.  (I go for Honey/Golden sun shades) 
My daily routine for my face is: I wash my face with Ponds age miracle facial foam wash, then I apply Ponds age miracle day cream then Etude house Precious Minerals BB cream/Clinique Even Better make up plus lip balm and that's it! Sometimes I use Maybelline lip/cheek cream on my cheeks for added color.  At night I wash my face before going to be.

Tidbits:  I don't smoke and drink alcohol.  Eat lots of veggies. Sleep early.

      
XO,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...