Wednesday, July 02, 2014

FAB TIP: Costume Jewelries TLC♥

Not all the sparkly statement jewelry you see are real diamonds, gems, pearls...but this does not mean that you will not take care of them.  I love accessories... actually I have tons of them at home from rings, neck pieces, wrist wears and etc.  But I make sure I care for them like my real ones.

Since I am on online selling I also shared these tips on my page:

 As a BASIC rule in caring for your costume jewelry: we should store them in cool dry place, me I use acrylic containers, boxes, organza pouches or zip lock bags.  Yes, we should avoid contact with perfume, lotions and even make up: metals absorbs these substances thus result to tarnishing. 

In cleaning: I make it a point to wipe them with tissue paper, clean cotton cloth after each use.  This helps in removing any sweat, dirt, oil and etc. that the jewelry absorbed through out the day.  Like for example my Pandora I use a polishing cloth to bring back it's luster: I have discussed this on my previous post. You can also use the jewelry polishing cloth in cleaning the metals of your accessories.  Avoid using metal polish on your gold, silver or rose gold plated jewelry, for this may discolor them.  To clean your gemstones, just wipe  it moist/damp cloth or you may use a soft-bristled toothbrush + mild hand soap.  Put a small amount of hand soap on the toothbrush and gently scrub the gems, don't forget to wipe it with clean cloth before storing them.

Previous posts:

Happy cleaning!♥


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...